The Belgian SME Applied Maths NV, with a subsidiary division in Austin (Texas, USA), has been active on the world market for biological data analysis software since 1992. The company develops cutting-edge software for the biosciences, including the software packages "BioNumerics" and "GelCompar II", both which have gained worldwide recognition through their use in many prestigious international projects, networks and critical-mission applications. The cornerstones of APM’s success are the broad expertise in all areas of bioinformatics and the competence of designing powerful and innovative algorithms.
General support of data analysis, development of new functionality for its BioNumerics software suite for data capture, data storage and data analysis focusing on in-depth whole-genome comparison, and software training.
- In silico evidence for the horizontal transfer of gsiB, a σ(B)-regulated gene in gram-positive bacteria, to lactic acid bacteria Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 2011 77 (10) : 3526--3531. [pmid]
- Characterization of pLAC1, a cryptic plasmid isolated from Lactobacillus acidipiscis and comparative analysis with its related plasmids Int. J. Food Microbiol. 2010 141 (3) : 222--228. [pmid]
- Comparative and evolutionary analysis of plasmid pREN isolated from Lactobacillus rennini, a novel member of the theta-replicating pUCL287 family FEMS Microbiol. Lett. 2011 318 (1) : 18--26. [pmid]
- Interlaboratory diagnostic validation of conformation-sensitive capillary electrophoresis for mutation scanning Clin. Chem. 2010 56 (4) : 593--602. [pmid]
- Complete genome sequence of the dairy isolate Streptococcus macedonicus ACA-DC 198 J. Bacteriol. 2012 194 (7) : 1838--1839. [pmid]
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa population structure revisited. PLoS One 2009 4 (11) : e7740. [pmid]
- Taxonomy and metabolism of Lactobacillus Chapter 2 In: Lactobacillus Molecular Biology 2009 : 3--58.
- A resampling strategy for reliable network construction Mol. Phylogenet. Evol. 2011 60 (3) : 273--286. [pmid]